The International School of Havana organizes a Summer Camp for children between 3 and 17 years old. Our camp runs for 4 weeks between June 26 and July 21, from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Friday.All activities were designed so that children have fun and interact with each other through excursions, sports practices and basic English and Spanish language courses taught by ISH teachers.
Students will be organized into the following age groups: 3 to 5 years, 6 to 10 years and 11 to 17 old. Each group of students will be assigned, full time, a Guide Teacher who will be responsible for guiding students in all their activities, as well as help them to solve any situation that may arise. It will also have assistant teachers for groups that need them, mainly outdoor activities. In short, all activities will be supervised by teachers and assistants.
SUMMER CAMP 2017 - JUNE 26TH TILL JULY 21ST --> Enrollment is now open!
ACTIVITIES FOR 3 TO 5 YEARS OLD
- Multi-sport activities: ball games, didactic and traditional games, as well as beach games.
- Artistic activities: Puppets, storytelling, music, singing, Ceramic and painting.
- Environmental walks: visits to different places where students will have the opportunity to have direct contact with nature and learn about the care of the environment during the walks to the Botanical Garden, National Aquarium, Havana and National Zoo, as well as the Monte Barreto Ecological Park.
ACTIVITIES FOR 6 TO 10 YEARS OLD
- Multi-sport activities: swimming, basketball, table tennis, baseball, volleyball, aerobics, beach games and sports, as well as domino, chess, checkers, ludo, puzzle games, and other activities.
- Artistic activities: Ceramics, painting, classes to learn to make small publications through articles, power point, movie maker and videos, as well as the projection of documentaries related to sports, culture and the environment, where the teacher will perform a didactic exchange with the students about the importance of these themes. Note: Documentaries and movies will be carefully selected by the teacher according to the ages.
- Environmental walks: There will be visits to different places among which are: Casa del Gelato to eat rich ice cream, the National Botanical Garden, walks through the historic Old Havana and its museums and Tarara Beach, as well as taking photographs and making drawings of the city and its environment that will be made during the walks around the city.
ACTIVITIES FOR 11 TO 17 YEARS OLD
- Multi-sport activities: beach games, swimming, sports with balls such as football, volleyball, badminton, basketball, table tennis, baseball, as well as table games like domino, parchis, chess, checkers.
- Artistic activities: Ceramic and sculpture, classes to learn to make small publications Through articles, power point movie maker and videos, as well as the projection of documentaries related to sports, culture and the environment, where the teacher will perform a instructional exchange with the students about the importance of these themes. For budding journalists Students will also have the opportunity to record and publish the happenings of summer camp in the Art and Publication activity. Note: Documentaries and movies will be carefully selected by the teacher according to the ages.
- Environmental walks: excursions will take place throughout the week with different destinations to National Botanical Garden, the zoo of Havana and walks through the historic old town of Havana, as well as Vedado, Tarara Beach, and other places.
In order for the program of students over 11 years old to take place, minimum of 5 participants is required. For that reason it is important that you inform us by May 31 if your child will attend, otherwise the program will not run.
ENGLISH AND SPANISH LANGUAGE COURSES
In addition to the activities offered, you can enroll your children in basic English or Spanish language courses, from 1:00 pm to 2:35 pm. Within the language courses there are three age groups: from 3 to 5 years old, from 6 to 10 years old, and from 11 to 17 years old. These activities include:
- 10 lessons per week of 45 minutes each.
- Language Games.
- Videos, computers and activities.
- A weekly film.
The courses are based on oral expression exercises and comprehension. Students will participate in a variety of activities including computer games, music, drama, games, and sports.
- All activities are subject to change.
- Availability depends upon enrollment numbers.
- All activities are totally supervised and some will take place off campus.
- Transport will be provided in our school bus and/or hired buses.
- Entry to external venues is included in the cost of summer camp however any additional purchases such as food or drinks are at the students expense.
- There is a cafeteria service available to the students.
- Families are responsible organising students’ snacks, lunches and provide refillable water bottle.