The International School of Havana is offering a Summer Camp for children between 3 and 18 years old. Our camp will take place at the ISH Main Campus from June 25th to July 20th, from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Friday. All activities are designed so that children learn and have fun while interacting with each other through physical-recreational activities, excursions, artistic activities, games and more.
Students will be grouped by age into the following age groups:
Group 1: From 3 to 5 years old
Group 2: From 6 to 10 years old
Group 3: From 11 to 18 years old.
All programmed activities were carefully selected according to the characteristics of each group age. Each group of students will be assigned a full-time teacher who will be responsible for accompanying and guiding students in all their activities, as well as assist them to solve any situation that may arise. There will also be a teacher assistant when the group size requires it. All activities will be supervised by teachers and assistants.
SUMMER CAMP 2018 - JUNE 25TH TILL JULY 20TH --> Enrollment is now open!
IMPORTANT: If not a currently enrolled ISH student, please, attach a photocopy of the main pages of your child's passport to the Summer Camp Enrollment Form.
Si su hijo no es actualmente un estudiante registrado en ISH, por favor, adjunte fotocopia de las paginas principales del pasaporte de su hijo a la planilla de registro para el Campamento de Verano.
ISH 2018 SUMMER CAMP COST
The fee for students aged 3 to 5 years old will be 70.00 CUC per week.
The fee for students aged 6 to 10 years old will be 70.00 CUC per week.
The fee for students aged 11 to 12 years old will be 45.00 CUC per week.
ACTIVITIES FOR 3 TO 5 YEARS OLD
- Physical-recreational activities: ball games, didactic and traditional games, velocipedes, as well as activities in the swimming pool.
- Artistic activities: storytelling, music, singing, dancing, arts and crafts, painting and others.
- Excursions: visits to different places where students will have the opportunity to be in contact with nature and learn about methods and strategies implemented to care for the environment at the following places; the Botanical Garden, National Aquarium, Havana and National Zoo, as well as the Monte Barreto Ecological Park.
ACTIVITIES FOR 6 TO 10 YEARS OLD
- Recreational sport activities: traditional and international games, swimming, basketball, table tennis, baseball, volleyball, aerobics, beach games, as well as board games such as domino, chess, checkers, ludo, puzzle games, and others.
- Artistic activities: painting, collage making, dancing and others.
- Recreational didactic films: projection of documentaries related to sports, culture and the environment, where the teacher will perform a didactic exchange with the students about the importance of these themes. Documentaries and movies will be carefully selected by the teacher according to the student's age group.
- Computer recreational activities: use softwares such as Movie Maker, MS Powerpoint, Ms Paint and MS Publisher to create small works or paintings. The teacher will propose works on family photos, sports events, fashion, the environment, etc.
- Environmental walks: excursions will take place throughout the week with destinations such as the National Botanical Garden, the Havana's Zoo, and walks through the historic Old Havana as well as Vedado and other places of interest.
SPECIAL NEW SOCCER CAMP (from 11 to 18 years old)
For the 11 to 18 years old group, we are offering a new Summer Soccer Camp. This camp will take place from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, at the Eduardo Saborit stadium located on 5th Ave and 120th St, Playa.
- All activities are subject to change.
- Availability depends upon enrollment numbers.
- All activities are supervised and some will take place off campus.
- Transport will be provided in our school bus and/or hired buses.
- Entry to external venues is included in the cost of summer camp however any additional purchases such as food or drinks are at the students' expense.
- There is a limited cafeteria service available to the students.
- Families are responsible organising students’ snacks, lunches and provide refillable water bottle.
- To ensure that we have an appropriate number of staff available to properly cater for students in different cohorts, registration for a given week will close on the preceding Thursday.
- Early bird payment before May 15th 2018 will get a 15% discount.
- All payments must be made at the Finance office on ISH Main Campus at Calle 18. During summer camp the Finance office will open only from 8:30am to 10:00 am, Monday to Friday.